Sunday, October 6, 2013

Update 10/6 :: Round 3 tomorrow



Sorry. I've been a bit lax in my updating.  But I'm not really sorry, because there hasn't been much to report!

The last few days have been great.  Imogen has been feeling a lot better since we've been home, with NO FEVER.  Basically, they let us go home because she seemed like she was fine.  And she's been getting her appetite back, too– she eats more spaghetti than I do.  Maybe she's making up for lost time.

One bummer.  Imogen's nose is a bit runny, so I think she may be coming down with a cold. Depending on how she feels in the morning, that could derail the chemo schedule.  It all depends.

So, the next three days will be spent mostly in the hospital.  We'll go in tomorrow and stay the night for Day 1, then start on Day 2 first thing Tuesday.  How she's responding will determine whether we go home Tuesday.  Either way, we have Day 3 on Wednesday, which should only take an hour because that day's meds don't require hydration.  

In addition to all this, we are praying that this chemo is actually doing something to the tumor. We have this round and another in three weeks' time, then we will do more body scans to get a look.  I would hate it if she's been through all this, and the tumor is too mature to respond to the chemo. And by respond, I mean die.  I want it to die. 

In other news, we're getting into crunch time at the house. Many have offered to help, and thank you to the ladies who have come already to box stuff up. For anyone with an average amount of muscles, we'll be clearing out the rest of the garage and basement on Saturday, starting at 9am.  I'll buy you pizza.  Oh, and by muscles, I mean arms. 

One cool thing: I updated my phone, and I didn't check Imogen's inbox for a couple of days.  I can't explain the gratitude I had for you all when I checked it and saw 63 unread emails.  The prayers you are writing to Imogen are not merely sweet wishes and kind thoughts toward her; they are the embodiment of hope and encouragement to us.  So thank you.  If you'd like to email Imogen and let her know you're praying for her, we really do appreciate and cherish them: imogenclairepassman@gmail.com.

Here's Immy eating a bagel today:

Tammy and Aaron NOT doing something illegal:

A cheeky Aaron:
And Imogen being beautiful:


No comments:

Post a Comment