Monday, August 26, 2013

8/26: Begin

Today is the day it seems we have been endlessly prepped for. Surgeries and blood tests and training have led to noon today, when the chemicals begin to course through Imogen's body, searching  out the cancer, and hopefully shrinking it. 

I lay awake last night thinking of the journey here. How emotional it's been, how brave Imm has been, how proud I am of Tammy's strength and persistence. I used to beg God not to give me a child with a disability or disease. I told Him that I wasn't cut out for this, that if He knew what He was doing, He'd pick someone else. Normal kids only, please, because I can't handle it. 

I was wrong, and God is good. He has been with me through it all, and I'm proud to say we can do this. And in a way, I'm honored He chose me. 


3 comments:

  1. Praying for God's healing for Immy and for God's peace, comfort and strength for you, Tammy and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you AJ! It is a bittersweet truth knowing that no matter what happens God will always be good. There is such an overwhelming peace that comes with that truth, and it sounds like you guys are experiencing that. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing picture and family. Praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete