Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19: It's benign so far, and I'm happy maybe?

Just talked with Hematology/Oncology (or "HemOnc"; they love jargon at hospitals) folks again.  The section that was removed and frozen looks to be completely benign.  I'm choosing to rejoice in that one, folks.  A couple of things:

1. Pathology will be studying every piece the surgeon got out.  If they find any malignancy in the pieces, they'll recommend chemo. We should know more tomorrow.

2. Remember, the oncologists would actually prefer some malignancy, because they want something that will respond and shrink to treatment. You decide what you'd be praying for.


We'll know more in the morning.  Imogen is doing really well tonight.  Her fever spiked up again to over 103, but it came back down with some medicine.  Her fevers aren't anything to worry about yet, says our new nurse Lisa, who is splendid.  Could be a normal reaction to the surgery or UTI-related. Everything still looks perfect.

In case anyone was wondering if she has her personality, she's still hilarious and incredibly sweet.  Depending on the hour–and, likely, who's less available at the moment– Imogen demands prefers one of us over the other.  Fortunately, tonight's my night.  She's wiggling as she watches Caillou, and keeps showing me how good she is at moving her head.  And mom is getting some much needed rest. My favorite interaction from the night, almost verbatim:

"Daddy, I have a present for you." "What is it?" "I love you."
"Daddy, I have a present for mommy." "Oh, what's that?" "I love her."
"Daddy, I have a present for Bubby." "Yeah?" "I love Bubby."
"Daddy...I love myself."
"I love you too, baby. So much."


No comments:

Post a Comment