Thursday, August 29, 2013

8/29: Adjusting to home

As I write, Aaron is running with a butterfly net and begging me for more jelly beans.  Tam and Imogen are upstairs sleeping.  We're just getting started.


Yesterday went as planned, and we were able to come home to a beautiful array of presents and newly painted rooms. To say we're blessed by our community of support would be an understatement.  Imogen has been excellent at home, and is walking by herself a good bit. We can still tell there are some after-effects from her surgery, but everything is improving, little by little.

It was absolutely wonderful to sleep in our own bed and have Aaron at the house–even if he woke up at 6 am.

We have a couple of weeks before we go back.  I think our next round of chemo starts Sept 16.  The hardest thing is watching out for fevers or anything out of the norm.  Hard to tell what the norm should be now anyway!

For anyone keeping track, a couple things on our horizon:
1. Imogen and Aaron love puppies.  Call me a sucker, but after all this, I am ok with her having a cute dog to love and play with. I'm guessing he/she needs to be hypoallergenic.  Right?

2. One of the side effects of living in a hospital and getting cancer is becoming quite spoiled. Imm is already behaving more now that we're home and she has Aaron to compete with, but Lord have mercy.

3. Pray against fevers. It's one of those simple things that can become deadly if it's not caught in time.  We'll learn a lot in the next two weeks about how Imm's body handles/recovers from chemo, but she has to be rushed to the hospital if she spikes a fever.  Pray she continues to do well.

4. So many have asked what they can do re: meals and other things.  Honestly, I have no idea.  We know we'll need help, but it's hard to know in what way.  In the meantime, just keep praying.  I'll list some needs on the blog as more arise. And maybe we'll have a point person to organize stuff.

5. Imogen won't remember much of this, I know, but I want her to have a record of the prayers folks have prayed. When Imogen was born, I created a gmail account, imogenclairepassman@gmail.com.
I think Google had a really cute video about doing that for a baby (and she won't have to be imopass237@gmail, either.)  Anyway, if you've been praying for her, or if you know of people who have, take a second to send her an email with your prayer or story. I just heard today about a high school student in Florida who had over 100 people praying for our sweet girl, and I had no idea!

I will keep updating this blog as things happen.  I also have a lot of wonderful stories to recollect and photos and videos to share from our journey. Stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. HI All!!

    This is Tammy (mommy) :) SO happy to be home with both babies. *sigh* I wanted to comment about the doggy post daddy (AJ) made today - We fell in love with the goldendoodles / labradoodles that were used as part of Imm's PT. They were also by her side before a few scans/surgeries. If you know of a breeder or possibly an actual already trained doodle PLEASE let us know!

    Thanks a bunch~ We feel really blessed to have such wonderful family and community.

    ReplyDelete