Sunday, September 15, 2013

Update 9/15 :: tomorrow, tomorrow




"Daddy, do you like my haircut?"

She's been asking me that lately. Of course, I think she looks beautiful. But I have found myself messing with it and obsessing over the little white hairs that go everywhere and at different lengths, and thinking that I need to cut it so it looks better. I can't help it. Maybe it's part of adjusting. Maybe it has more to do with my own insecurities. 

The thing is, I actually think she is pretty cute with no hair. It's just so, you know, cancer. Earlier today, though, Imm was hiding under the big armoire that holds all the toys. It was one of those times where she got herself in, but couldn't get out. I moved some toys out of the way and helped her keep her head down as she crawled, and I was overwhelmed with love and adoration for this big, beautiful, bald head that was coming right at me. She loves her haircut and think it's just great that a) some other little girl is apparently borrowing it, and b) because it matches daddy's haircut.

In case you haven't seen, Tam also took hers down and got a smokin' hot pixie cut. (Thanks, Robin!)


[if you're on Instagram, I'd recommend following tammypassman and ajpassman. We actually do mini-updates on there throughout the day.]

Tomorrow we go in for Round 2 of chemotherapy. This cycle is only one day, so hopefully we'll be home morrow night. Pray for our rest, pray for great-grandma, who is in town and is watching the monster sweet Aaron. 

We have other big news, because life has a habit of moving right along. No, we're not pregnant. But our house is under contract! It's a long story, the timing is crazy, and it's bittersweet, but we're excited about where the Lord has us going. We don't know where that is, but it's exciting nonetheless. We had our inspection on Friday, so we're hoping that went well.

Thank you all for the kind offers to help. Again, I apologize to anyone I have not replied to yet; I will. I'd love to post every meal, every gift we've received and shout your names from the rooftops, but that's not everyone's style. And I'd undoubtedly leave some out. 

As soon as I get time, I have a couple stories from our first stay that I really want to share with you. I learned and felt a lot during that time, and it's cathartic to get it out there. 

A quick reminder for those who are local: pizza night at Johnny's Pizza in Grayson and Lawrenceville on Monday 9/23. It's a night for Imogen, and I'm mostly excited about getting my face painted by the clown. 

And now, cute pictures of the kids from today!



2 comments:

  1. AJ, the picture at the top of this is gorgeous, adorable, precious... The look on her face is so cute and who could not just love her haircut since she is rockin' it so beautifully. Please know I am praying for Immogen and your family as you go through this time. So thankful for your testimony and your honesty. I am praying for your continual peace as God works his will and way. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace who's mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee. Is. 26:3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!..especially those of Immy and Aaron! Keeping all of you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete